Methods in Stream Ecology: Third Edition, Volume 1 (Ecosystem Structure) and Volume 2 (Ecosystem Function), provides a complete series of field and laboratory protocols in stream and river ecology that are ideal for teaching or conducting research. This new two-part edition is updated to reflect recent advances in the technology associated with ecological assessment of streams, including remote sensing and molecular approaches. Volume 1 covers physical processes, stream biota, and community interactions. Volume 2 covers organic matter dynamics, ecosystem processes, and ecosystem assessment. This new edition is essential for all students and researchers in stream and river ecology, freshwater biology, coastal ecology and watershed ecology. This book is also supportive as a supplementary text for courses in watershed ecology/science, hydrology, fluvial geomorphology and landscape ecology.
- Provides a variety of basic and advanced exercises in each chapter
- Includes detailed instructions, illustrations, formulae and data sheets for laboratory and in-field research for students
- Presents taxonomic keys to common stream fishes, invertebrates, bryophytes, and algae
- Includes website with electronic spreadsheets and downloadable figures for class presentations
- Written by leading international experts in stream ecology